- 1 How many World Cup Argentina won 2023?
- 2 Where is the Under 20 World Cup?
- 3 Which teams will qualify for 2023 World Cup?
- 4 Can a 16 year old play in the World Cup?
- 5 Which South American team has never qualified for World Cup?
- 6 Where is the next 50 over World Cup?
- 7 How many countries will play t20 World Cup 2023?
- 8 How many teams are in the Club World Cup 2023?
- 9 How many teams are in the FIFA World Cup 2023?
Which team is in the U-20 World Cup 2023?
FIFA U-20 World Cup qualifiers: Which teams qualified for Qatar 2022? – The 24 countries qualified for the 2023 FIFA U-20 World Cup are: Argentina (hosts), Uzbekistan, Guatemala, New Zealand, USA, Ecuador, Fiji, Slovakia, Senegal, Japan, Israel, Colombia, Italy, Brazil, Nigeria, Dominican Republic, Uruguay, Iraq, England, Tunisia, France, The Republic of Korea, The Gambia, and Honduras.
How many World Cup Argentina won 2023?
How many times Argentina won FIFA World Cup? – Argentina have won the FIFA World Cup three times – in 1978, 1986 and 2022. They have reached the final six times, including a second-place finish in the inaugural edition in 1930.1978 – Argentina’s first World Cup triumph When Argentina lifted the football World Cup trophy for the first time in 1978, Daniel Passarella was the captain and Cesar Luis Menotti was the manager.
The star of the tournament, however, was El Matador Mario Kempes, Boosted by Mario Kempes’ legendary scoring prowess and backed by a roaring home crowd, Argentina made it to the second round of the competition after finishing second in Group 1. They beat Hungary and France by similar 2-1 margins but lost to Italy 1-0.
The second round saw Argentina beat Poland (2-0) and Peru (6-0) and were held to a goalless draw by Brazil. But the two wins and a draw were enough for the white and sky-blue striped team to top the standings and advance to the final. The 1978 FIFA World Cup final was a closely fought affair with both Argentina and the Netherlands scoring one goal each at the end of regulation time. Mario Kempes celebrates after putting Argentina ahead against the Netherlands in the 1978 FIFA World Cup final. (2002 Getty Images) Argentina won the final 3-1 and Mario Kempes was awarded the Golden Boot for being the highest goalscorer of the 1978 World Cup with six goals.
- He also took home the Golden Ball award, given to the outstanding player of the tournament.1986 – Maradona’s Hand of God and Goal of the Century The 1986 FIFA World Cup in Mexico witnessed Diego Maradona at his peak form.
- He played an integral role in leading Argentina to their second title in three editions.
Such was the might of Maradona and the Argentinians that they went unbeaten throughout the tournament. First, Argentina topped the group stage with wins over South Korea (3-1) and Bulgaria (2-0) and a draw against defending champions Italy. The knockout rounds saw La Albiceleste see off Uruguay (1-0), England (2-1) and Belgium (2-0) before facing West Germany in the final. Argentina’s Diego Maradona scored five goals at the 1986 FIFA World Cup. (Getty Images) Argentina came close to defending their title in 1990 but lost the final to West Germany. The South American nation finished second in 2014 as well.2022 – Lionel Messi realises World Cup dream in Qatar Having returned empty-handed from four World Cups, including a final heartbreak in 2014, the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar was expected to be Lionel Messi ‘s last dance on the big stage.
The seven-time Ballon d’Or winner made sure he made it memorable by leading his team to the title with an inspired Golden Ball-winning performance, punctuated by seven goals and three assists. Two of these came in the incredible final against France, which ended 3-3 after Extra Time as Kylian Mbappe stood toe-to-toe with Messi and kept his team in the game with a hat-trick.
Eventually Argentina won the penalty shootout 4-2 to lift the World Cup trophy for the first time since 1986 – the year before Messi was born. Incidentally, Argentinal lost to Saudi Arabia in the opening match of the tournament but came roaring back. Add this to your favourites IND
Where is the Under 20 World Cup?
Find the FIFA U-20 World Cup 2023 football results and scores from all the matches in Argentina. Get group standings and results from all the games, including the knockout rounds and final. The FIFA U-20 World Cup 2023 in Argentina sees young talent from 24 national teams spanning across six confederations contest the under age showpiece from 20 May until 11 June. The FIFA U-20 World Cup 2023 follows the same format as recent editions, with the 24 teams separated into six groups of four teams.
The top two teams from each group will automatically advance to the knockout stages, as well as the four best third-placed teams. The groups at the Argentina FIFA U20 World Cup 2023: Group A : Argentina, Uzbekistan, Guatemala, New Zealand Group B : USA, Ecuador, Fiji, Slovakia Group C : Senegal, Japan, Israel, Colombia Group D : Italy, Brazil, Nigeria, Dominican Republic Group E : Uruguay, Iraq, England, Tunisia Group F : France, Korea Republic, The Gambia, Honduras The rankings for the best third-placed teams will be determined first by points, then goals difference, then goals scored, then fair play points.
If teams are still equal across all those criteria, a drawing of lots will take place. The FIFA U-20 World Cup will be played across four cities in Argentina: Santiago del Estero, San Juan, La Plata and Mendoza. Both the final and third-place match will be played in La Plata on June 11.
Who qualified for the U-20 World Cup 2023 South America?
2023 South American U-20 Championship 2023 South American U-20 Championship CONMEBOL Sudamericano Sub-20 Colombia 2023Tournament detailsHost countryColombiaDates19 January – 12 FebruaryTeams10 (from 1 confederation)Venue(s)4 (in 2 host cities)Final positionsChampions (12th title) Runners-up ()Third place Fourth place Tournament statisticsMatches played35Goals scored78 (2.23 per match)Top scorer(s) (6 goals each) ← 2025 → International football competition The 2023 South American U-20 Championship was the 30th edition of the (: CONMEBOL Sudamericano Sub-20, : CONMEBOL Sul-Americano Sub-20 ), the biennial international youth championship organised by for the men’s under-20 national teams of South America.
- It was held in between 19 January and 12 February 2023.
- The South American U-20 Championship returns after 4 years due to the forced CONMEBOL to cancel the tournament in,
- The tournament served as qualifier for two international events.
- The top four teams qualified for the as the CONMEBOL representatives.
The top three teams also qualified for the, in addition to Chile who automatically qualified as hosts. After twelve years, won the tournament again after finishing first in the final stage’s group, which meant the twelfth title in their history. Champions Brazil, runners-up and the hosts and third place qualified for the 2023 FIFA U-20 World Cup and 2023 Pan American Games.
- Defending champions managed to reach the last berth for the 2023 FIFA U-20 World Cup after finishing in fourth place.
- Subsequently, qualified for the 2023 U-20 World Cup as hosts after awarded the rights to organize the tournament in place of the original hosts,
- Argentina had failed to qualify for the World Cup after being eliminated in the first stage.
Uruguay would go on to win the 2023 U-20 World Cup that year.
Which country qualified for AFC 2023?
The qualified teams for the AFC Asian Cup 2023 include Japan, Syria, Qatar, South Korea, Australia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, China, Iraq, Oman, Vietnam, Lebanon, Palestine, Uzbekistan, Thailand, India, Hong Kong, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Bahrain, Malaysia, Jordan, and Indonesia.
Which teams will qualify for 2023 World Cup?
Which teams have qualified for the 2023 World Cup? – 10 teams have qualified for the Cricket World Cup 2023. Hosts India, Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, England, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka nad Netherlands.
Who is better Messi or Ronaldo?
Who is better Messi Or Ronaldo? – Ronaldo has scored a record number of international goals and appearances, but Messi has won more Ballon d’Or awards (7). Messi has spent most of his playing career in Spain and France, while Ronaldo has played in Portugal, England, Spain, and Italy.
What is Argentina’s nickname?
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Nickname(s)||La Albiceleste (‘The White and Sky Blue’)|
|Association||Asociación del Fútbol Argentino (AFA)|
|Confederation||CONMEBOL (South America)|
|Head coach||Lionel Scaloni|
|Most caps||Lionel Messi (175)|
|Top scorer||Lionel Messi ( 103 )|
The Argentina national football team ( Spanish : Selección de fútbol de Argentina ) represents Argentina in men’s international football and is administered by the Argentine Football Association, the governing body for football in Argentina, Nicknamed La Albiceleste (‘The White and Sky Blue’), they are the reigning world champions, having won the most recent World Cup in 2022, earning their third star shown by the team’s crest.
Overall, Argentina has appeared in a World Cup final six times; a record equalled by Italy and surpassed only by Brazil and Germany, Argentina played in the first ever final in 1930, which they lost 4–2 to Uruguay, The next final appearance came 48 years later, in 1978, when the team captained by Daniel Passarella defeated the Netherlands 3–1 in extra time, being crowned world champions for the first time.
Captained by Diego Maradona, Argentina won their second World Cup eight years later, in 1986, with a 3–2 final victory over West Germany, They reached the final once more under the guidance of Maradona, in 1990, but were ultimately beaten 1–0 by West Germany.
- A few decades later, Argentina led by Lionel Messi made their fifth final appearance in 2014, losing to Germany 1–0 after extra time.
- In 2022, again captained by Messi, they were crowned the world champions for the third time, the fourth-most of any country, beating France 4–2 on penalties, following a 3–3 draw after extra time.
The team’s World Cup–winning managers are César Luis Menotti in 1978, Carlos Bilardo in 1986 and Lionel Scaloni in 2022. Since the Golden Ball for tournament’s best player has been officially awarded by FIFA from 1982, Argentina players have won it thrice; Maradona in 1986 and Messi in 2014 and 2022.
- Argentines Guillermo Stábile in 1930 and Mario Kempes in 1978 were the top-scoring players at their respective World Cups.
- Argentina has also been very successful in the Copa América, winning it 15 times, a record shared with Uruguay, most recently winning the 2021 edition,
- The team also won the inaugural FIFA Confederations Cup in 1992.
Argentina is the most successful team in the CONMEBOL–UEFA Cup of Champions, having won it twice, in 1993 and 2022, Argentina is known for having rivalries with Brazil, Uruguay, England, Germany and the Netherlands. As of 2023, Argentina holds the record for most official titles won by a men’s national team with 22.
How many stars does Argentina have?
Argentina 2022-2023 3-Star Kit – This is the new Adidas Argentina 3-Star football shirt. The Adidas Argentina 2022 3-Star shirt is the same as the 2022 World Cup kit with two important differences – first, a third star has been added on top of the existing two. The delivery could take time until April 2023 The Adidas Argentina 2022 3-Star football shirt is not available to buy yet. Indeed, US soccer retailer Soccer.com/WorldSoccerShop offer the shirt but with delivery in April 2023.
Can a 16 year old play in the World Cup?
Casey Phair became the youngest person, man or woman, to play in the World Cup. The New Jersey 16-year-old playing for South Korea is one of more than 20 teens who have already played in the tournament. – Casey Phair was born in South Korea to a South Korean mother and an American father. CARL RECINE/REUTERS
What does U 20 mean in soccer?
(sports) pertaining to a grouping of people who are under 20 years of age.
What is the maximum age to play in the World Cup?
All players shall be under 21 years of age as of 31 December 2022 that is all players shall be born on or after 1 January 2002.
Has Mexico won the U 20 World Cup?
Mexico national under-20 football team National association football team Mexico U-20 El Tri (The Tri) Association ConfederationHead coachTop scorer (11)MEX
First international 5–0 (, ; March 9, 1962)Biggest win 16–0 (, ; February 22, 1974)Biggest defeat 5–1 (, ; August 21, 1994) Records for competitive matches only. Appearances16 ( first in )Best resultRunners-up ()Appearances27 ( first in )Best resultChampions (,,,,,,,,,,,, ) The Mexico national under-20 football team represents in at the under-20 age level, and is controlled by the (FMF), the governing body of,
Which South American team has never qualified for World Cup?
Venezuela national football team played their first game 1938 and since then the team has been one of the weakest South American teams and has never qualified for FIFA Worl Cup. Was this answer helpful?
Who made the World Cup Trophy 2023?
FIFA World Cup Trophy Award for victors of the FIFA World Cup FIFA World Cup Trophy Awarded forWinning the Presented byHistoryFirst award (Jules Rimet Trophy) (FIFA World Cup Trophy)First winner
- (Jules Rimet Trophy, 1930)
- (FIFA World Cup Trophy, 1974)
Most wins (5 times)Most recent Website The World Cup is a solid gold that is awarded to the winners of the tournament. Since the advent of the World Cup in 1930, two different trophies have been used: the Jules Rimet Trophy from 1930 to 1970 and thereafter the FIFA World Cup Trophy from 1974 to the present day.
The current trophy is one of the most expensive trophies in sporting history and is valued at $20,000,000. The first trophy, originally named Victory, but later renamed in honour of president, was made of gold plated and a base. It depicted, the Greek goddess of victory. were awarded the trophy in perpetuity following their third title in 1970, prompting the commissioning of a replacement.
The original Jules Rimet Trophy was stolen in 1983 and has never been recovered. The subsequent trophy, called the “FIFA World Cup Trophy”, was introduced in, Made of 18 karat gold with bands of on its base, it stands 36.8 centimetres high and weighs 6.175 kilograms (13.61 lb).
Did Denmark qualify for World Cup 2023?
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia UEFA Group E of the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup qualification competition consists of six teams: Denmark, Russia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Azerbaijan, Malta, and Montenegro, The composition of the nine groups in the qualifying group stage was decided by the draw held on 30 April 2021, with the teams seeded according to their coefficient ranking,
- The group is played in home-and-away round-robin format between 16 September 2021 and 6 September 2022, with a pause for the Women’s Euro 2022 in July.
- The group winners qualify for the final tournament, while the runners-up advance to the play-offs first round if they are one of the other six runners-up among all nine groups (not counting results against the sixth-placed team).
On 28 February 2022, Russia was suspended from the competition. On 2 May 2022, UEFA officially announced that Russia was no longer allowed to take part in the competition, therefore Denmark has qualified for the tournament with a game to spare.
Can India qualify for AFC?
This will be India’s fifth appearance in the AFC Asian Cup, with the Blue Tigers having participated at the continental level in 1964, 1984, 2011, and 2019 previously. – Published : May 11, 2023 17:04 IST, Chennai – 3 MINS READ File Photo: Indian football coach Igor Stimac having words with players during a practice session on the eve of Tri-Nation International football tournament in Imphal, Manipur on Tuesday, 21 March 2023. Indian will play against Myanmar on 22 March 2023. | Photo Credit: RITU RAJ KONWAR / The Hindu File Photo: Indian football coach Igor Stimac having words with players during a practice session on the eve of Tri-Nation International football tournament in Imphal, Manipur on Tuesday, 21 March 2023. Indian will play against Myanmar on 22 March 2023.
| Photo Credit: RITU RAJ KONWAR / The Hindu India was drawn in group B in the AFC Asian Cup 2023 at the Katara Opera House in Doha on Thursday. It got the fourth spot (B4) in the group. Australia, Syria and Uzbekistan are the other teams drawn in that group. India qualified in two consecutive editions of the tournament for the first time in its history and its groupings will be finalised on Thursday.
After the Philippines lost to Palestine, India secured its qualification even before its last qualifying game against Hong Kong. But the Blue Tigers completes the campaign, winning all the games. “The last time the AFC Asian Cup was played in Qatar was 12 years ago, and there has been great progress since then.
- We have also initiated key enhancements.
- There are 24 teams in the AFC Asian Cup now, a new trophy, and $15 million in prize money,” Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa, the president of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) said before the draw.
- The impact is clear to see.
- On behalf of the Asian football family, I would like to express our gratitude to the QFA and the LOC, and we also thank the 24 participating nations.
The stage is now set for a truly memorable chapter in the history of the tournament. We wish all the teams the very best,” he added. The 24 teams from four pots were draw into six groups of four teams each. | Photo Credit: REUTERS The 24 teams from four pots were draw into six groups of four teams each. | Photo Credit: REUTERS This will be India’s fifth appearance in the AFC Asian Cup, with the Blue Tigers having participated at the continental level in 1964, 1984, 2011, and 2019 previously.
- Their best finish in Asia has been a runners-up place in the 1964 edition of the competition.
- It’s tough.
- Much tougher than it was for India four years ago, in the Asian Cup 2019, but we’re gonna be there and do our best to give them a good fight,” Igor Stimac, India’s head coach said after the draw.
“It’s about time to prepare well. And be the strongest possible squad that we can be in January.” International referee Yoshimi Yamashita, former footballers Tim Cahill, Hassan Al Haydos, Park Ji-sung, Server Djeparov, Sun Wen and India’s women’s under-17 team head coach Maymol Rocky were present at the draw.
|Group A||Group B||Group C||Group D||Group E||Group F|
|Tajikistan||Syria||Hong Kong||Iraq||Jordan||Kyrgyz Republic|
Asia has come a long way, in terms of football. We played Uzbekistan before and year, we are looking to play against them here,” Graham Arnold, Australia’s head coach said after the draw. The Soccerroos have spent substantial amount of time in Qatar, even before the FIFA World Cup, and confirmed its spot in the tournament with a penalty-shootout win over Peru in the Inter-continental playoff.
Is India out of Asia Cup?
Babar Azam’s Pakistan qualified for the Asia Cup 2022 final after it knocked out India and Afghanistan on Wednesday. Babar Azam’s Pakistan qualified for the Asia Cup 2022 final after it knocked out India and Afghanistan on Wednesday. India has been eliminated from the Asia Cup 2022 final race by Pakistan after it beat Afghanistan by one-wicket in a Super Four match in Sharjah on Wednesday.
- The win also confirmed Pakistan and Sri Lanka as the finalists of the tournament, with India and Afghanistan losing both the matches they have played in the Super Four.
- Rohit Sharma’s men suffered back-to-back defeats – a five-wicket loss to Pakistan and a six-wicket defeat to Sri Lanka – to put themselves in a spot of danger where other results would have had to work in their favour.
This is India’s first defeat in the Asia Cup since the 2014 edition. It had won the inaugural Asia Cup T20 tournament in 2016 under MS Dhoni in Bangladesh and backed it up with another title in 2018 in the UAE under Rohit Sharma without losing a match.
How can Netherlands qualify for World Cup?
Netherlands qualify for ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup after four-wicket win over Scotland | Cricket News
- Netherlands have qualified for the 2023 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup, after dramatically defeating Scotland in a pivotal qualifying clash in Zimbabwe.
- Netherlands won the toss and chose to field, but were left needing to chase down 278 in 44 overs to qualify for the World Cup in India due to the difference in run-rate, with Scotland’s Brandon McMullen to the fore with a knock of 106.
- Dutchman Bas de Leede took five wickets and registered a superb 123 with the bat, however, as they did so in superb fashion.
The sides headed into the clash knowing either could take the last qualification spot, with Zimbabwe knocked out of contention. A win for Scotland would take them through, while a loss would have also done had the margin of defeat been relatively small, but in the end Netherlands did enough by reaching the target off 42.5 overs with four wickets in hand.
- The number of overs bowled was significant as, to climb above Scotland in the qualifying table, the Dutch needed not only to win but to do so with at least six overs to spare.
- De Leede produced a stunning late flurry to carry his side to victory, completely eclipsing McMullen’s century for Scotland earlier in the match.
- Indeed, it was De Leede’s first One-Day International century as he finished with 123 from 92 balls, run out with his team two runs short of their target.
- The Netherlands now go through to this autumn’s showpiece in India alongside qualifying tournament winners Sri Lanka.
- It is a highly impressive achievement, with West Indies, Zimbabwe and Ireland among those to have fallen short in the qualifying series.
- “We had a look at the targets, where we wanted to be at the halfway point,” De Leede said at the post-match presentation.
- “The rate was 10 to 11 runs per over, so we had to go into T20 mode and try and score as many runs as we could and see where it would take us.
- “It’s amazing, I can’t describe the feeling, it’s going to be one big party tonight!”
: Netherlands qualify for ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup after four-wicket win over Scotland | Cricket News
Is Zimbabwe out of World Cup?
Zimbabwe has been was knocked out of the Cricket World Cup to be held in India this year.
Where is the next 50 over World Cup?
It is scheduled to be hosted by India from 5 October to 19 November 2023.
How many countries will play t20 World Cup 2023?
ICC World Cup 2023 Schedule – The ICC World Cup is one of the most anticipated cricket tournaments around the globe. It brings together the top cricketing nations to battle it out for the ultimate prize in the sport. The ICC World Cup 2023 is scheduled to be hosted in India, and the excitement around this event is already building up.
The 10 teams participating in the 2023 World Cup are the same as the ones that played in the 2019 World Cup. These teams are India, England, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, West Indies, and Afghanistan. The tournament will follow a round-robin format, where each team will play against the other 9 teams once.
After the round-robin stage, the top 4 teams will qualify for the semi-finals.
|Administrator||International Cricket Council|
|Cricket Format||One Day International|
|Selection Procedure||Round-Robin and Knockout|
|Opening Match||5 October 2023|
|Final Match||19 November 2023|
|Total Matches played||48|
Who will host the next U-17 World Cup?
It will be held in Indonesia from 10 November to 2 December 2023. This will be the first time that Indonesia will host a FIFA tournament and the first time that the FIFA U-17 World Cup will be held in Southeast Asia.
How many teams are in the Club World Cup 2023?
Teams qualified for FIFA Club World Cup 2023 –
- As per the 2023 qualification rules, seven teams will play at the FIFA Club World Cup 2023, including six continental champions.
- Saudi Pro League Al Ittihad have qualified as the hosts’ representative, with Japanese side Urawa Red Diamonds claiming the AFC spot, as AFC Champions League winners.
- Mexican side Club Leon qualify as CONCACAF Champions League winners, while Auckland City of New Zealand will make the trip to the Middle East as winners of the OFC Champions League.
- Egyptian Premier League side Al Ahly beat Moroccan opponents Wydad 3-2 on aggregate to go through from the CAF Champions League.
- Teams qualified as of June 11, 2023
- Al Ittihad (Hosts)
- Urawa Red Diamonds (AFC Champions League winners)
- Club Leon (CONCACAF Champions League winners)
- Auckland City (OFC Champions League winners)
- Al Ahly (CAF Champions League winners)
How many teams are in the FIFA World Cup 2023?
All the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 football results and scorers from the games in Australia and New Zealand. Get group points tables, and scorecards from the knockout rounds, including the final. (Picture by 2019 Getty Images) The FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 in Australia and New Zealand will see a total of 32 top national teams from five different confederations fight for the title of football world champions from July 20 to August 20, with the United States women’s national soccer team (USWNT) as two-time defending champions.
Check out the full schedule of the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 World at their Feet – Our Original Series about footballers and their journey to the top – Stream now for free